MIAMI, Fla. – Lifeway and B&H Español received more awards than ever from the Spanish Evangelical Publishers Association (SEPA) at this year’s Expolit trade show held May 18-21, in Miami.
Lifeway Christian Resources received 13 awards and two sales recognitions—the most SEPA accolades Lifeway has received in a single year since it first began attending the event more than a quarter century ago. The SEPA Awards recognize the highest quality and excellence in the publication, sale and marketing of Christian literature in Spanish.
“Receiving these awards is always a reminder of our Lord’s kindness,” said Giancarlo Montemayor, director of global publishing. “The Spanish publishing industry is growing year over year, and we’re grateful Lifeway gets to be a leading publishing house in this space. Being awarded Bible of the Year, Book of the Year and Original Book of the Year is especially meaningful to us because it’s a testimony to the quality of our publishing strategy.”
Lifeway also hosted a luncheon during Expolit to celebrate its Spanish offerings from the last year and to create anticipation for upcoming resources. More than 100 commercial partners participated in the luncheon.
One of the highlighted resources was the upcoming “Spanish Thematic Study Bible,” edited by Dr. Miguel Nuñez, one of the most prominent evangelical leaders in the Spanish-speaking evangelical world. Dr. Nuñez participated in a discussion panel about this upcoming resource.
“We’re extremely excited and expectant of what God will do with the ‘Spanish Thematic Study Bible,’” said Emanuel Elizondo, associate editor. “Our organization is privileged to publish a product of this quality for the Hispanic world. We pray that God greatly uses this resource.”
A full list of SEPA Awards Lifeway received this year include:
- Book of the Year – Harold Kregel Award: “Apostol for the Nations,” by César Vidal
- Bible of the Year – Jim Cook Award: “Center in Christ Devotional Bible”
- Best Original Spanish Book: “Christian Ethics” by Miguel Núñez
- Best Book Cover: “His Testimonies, My Portion” by Kristie Anyabwile
- Best Bible Cover and Interior Design: “Center in Christ Devotional Bible”
- Best Ad: “Center in Christ, Devotional Bible”
- Best Video: “Center in Christ, Devotional Bible”
- Most Sales — Devotional: “A Year in the Psalms”
- Most Sales — Faith and Culture: “His Testimonies, My Portion” by Kristie Anyabwile
- Most Sales — Gifts: “A Year in the Psalms”
- Most Sales — Bible Study: “Elisha” by Priscilla Shirer
- Most Sales — Reference: “50 Christians Who Changed the World”
- Most Sales — Bibles with Annotations: “Rainbow Study Bible”
- Silver: “Journaling Bible” — more than 100,000 copies sold
- Platinum: “Fisher of Men Bible” with Dr. Luis Ángel Díaz Pabón — more than 1 million copies sold
Representatives from more than 20 Spanish-speaking countries met with Lifeway staff and authors at this year’s Exploit event. Resourcing the Spanish-speaking world with faithful literature continues to be a priority for Lifeway, the world’s largest provider of Spanish Bibles.
“We’re grateful to God for allowing us to serve our business partners with biblically-informed resources, as well as marketing support and service that makes a difference,” said César Custodio, senior manager of global sales and marketing. “The industry awards and recognitions affirm the path we are on.”
About Lifeway Christian Resources
In operation since 1891, Lifeway Christian Resources is one of the leading providers of Christian resources, including Bibles, books, Bible studies, Christian music, Vacation Bible School and church supplies, as well as camps and events for all ages. Lifeway is the world’s largest provider of Spanish Bibles. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Lifeway operates as a self-supporting nonprofit. For more information, visit Lifeway.com.